The Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF) returns to celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2014. It was held from December 4th to 14th of December. SGIFF is known for its dynamic film programming and its commitment to developing a vibrant local film culture. It has a focus on groundbreaking Asian cinema and discovering new film talents from Southeast Asia. This year, the Festival is screening 147 feature and short films from 50 countries. These were meticulously selected from more than 1000 entries received by the festival.
Pure Talents celebrity emcee Danny Yeo hosted the red carpet events welcoming industry players, special guests and film stars – including director Ken Kwek and cast of Unlucky Plaza, The Crossing as well as French actress Juliette Binoche – to the opening of 25th SGIFF, partnering with radio host Chen Ning.
SGIFF is an event of the Singapore Media Festival and hosted by the Media Development Authority. Marina Bay Sands is this Festival’s Presenting Sponsor. Other official sponsors include:
– Official Jewellery & Watch: Chaumet
– Official Spirits: Remy Martin
– Official Technology Partner: Mocha Chai Laboratories
– Official Airline: Singapore Airlines
– Official Carriage: Motorway
– Festival Hotel: Big Hotel
– Official TV: Sundance Channel
– Festival Supporter and Prize Sponsor: Panasonic