Pure Talents multilingual emcee Lin Baofeng was engaged by National Arts Council to host the series of Silver Arts Festival in three languages – English, Mandarin and Malay!
The Silver Arts 2016 is an annual festival organised by National Arts Council celebrating the meaningful possibilities seniors have in the arts.
From performances to workshops to films to exhibitions, the festival enables seniors to showcase their creative talents or pick up new skills.
Into its fifth edition, Silver Arts Festival 2016 offers more than 40 programmes over four weeks from 1 to 25 September at more than 30 locations islandwide. NLB Plaza is one of the central location with activities and performances every weekend, including:
- Silver Arts Exhibition – showcasing artworks created by senior participants
- Senandung Dari Selatan (Evergreens from the South) by Sri Mahligai – goldie favourites (10 Sep)
- Shanghai Jazz Club – music performance (11 Sep)
- Asia Musical Productions (Malaysia) Tales of Four Dialects – musical journey of folk songs (17 Sep)
- The Silver Strings and the Dukes – Yesterday Once More musical treats (18 Sep)
- Arts Fission Dancers – Handshake Mass Dance (24 Sep)
- Orkestra Melayu Singapura and their youth wing OMS Belia – P Ramlee favourites (25 Sep)
Being an arts practitioner, Baofeng was glad to be able to use her linguistic skills as well as to extend her love for seniors at this series of events.
All photo credits to National Arts Council for Silver Arts 2016