Good job, Danny. You have made an impact on the Harmony Night event and the response to the evening programme was fantastic.
With your professional input and stage confidence, the night’s programme ran smoothly without a single hitch. Your good and quick reaction and handling of the fireworks scenario has made it look like the commencement of fireworks was timed to welcome the arrival of the GOH. The lining up of the performers on stage adds colour and vibrancy, reinforcing the multi racial and multi-cultural event of Harmony Night @ River Hongbao 2014.
Once again, A Big Thank You for a job well done and it was a pleasure working with you.
After 11 days of glorious lights and joyous celebrations, River Hongbao came to a close on 8 February 2014 with a night of exciting performances put together by Bukit Gombak Grassroots Organisations with a special theme – Harmony Night.
Singapore bilingual emcee Danny Yeo (Yang Junwei) has been hosting River Hongbao’s closing night for several years now. This year, he opened the show by first acknowledging the contributions and hard work of 300 dedicated volunteers on the ground, including backstage staff working on all technical aspects to make the event a successful one.
The night’s performances included a wide array of different colours, cultures and countries, including:
- ZingO Drumming, Ogen Heartbeat and ZingO Drum Sprouts (Singapore)
- singer-songwriter Lorraine Tan (Singapore)
- Sichuan Bianlian mask-changer form Peculiar Art Performance Troupe (China)
- Hillgrove Secondary School’s Malay dance team (Singapore)
- Canberra CC’s young Indian classical dancers Honey Bees (Singapore)
- Kultura Philippine Dance Company (Philippines)
- Mexico Lindo Ballet (Mexico/Singapore)
- K-pop dancers from ITE College West Korean Popular Dance Club (Singapore)
- Martial House (Singapore)
- Shannon Luke and Darren Ng Band (Singapore)
- KMBTT representing Siglap South CC (Singapore)
- The Peranakan Voices (Singapore)
- Singapura Belly Dancers (Singapore)
- Joshiley Bhangra Dancers (Singapore)
- Jalan Besar CC Dragon Dance Troupe (Singapore)
In attendance were Guest-of-Honour Acting Minister for Culture, Community and Youth, and Senior Minister of State for Ministry of Communications and Information, Mr Lawrence Wong, as well as River Hongbao 2014 Organising Committee Chairperson and Parliamentary Secretary for Ministry of Social and Family Development, Ms Low Yen Ling.
Minister Lawrence Wong gamely joined the young band onstage to play the electric guitar and also sang a song.
River Hongbao is organised by:
- Singapore Federation of Chinese Chan Associations
- Singapore Press Holdings
- Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Singapore Tourism Board
- People’s Association